- How do I download and install PHP on Ubuntu?
- How do I install the latest PHP version in Ubuntu?
- How do I start PHP in Ubuntu?
- How do I install PHP as administrator in Ubuntu?
- How do I know if PHP is installed on Ubuntu?
- How do I start PHP in Linux?
- How do I switch between PHP versions?
- How can I check my PHP version?
- How do I run a PHP file?
- Where do I put PHP files in Ubuntu?
- Does Ubuntu come with PHP?
- How do I install PHP?
How do I download and install PHP on Ubuntu?
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor, and it's a script-based server-side programming language. ...
- To install PHP 7.2, enter the following command: sudo apt-get install php libapache2-mod-php. ...
- To install PHP for Nginx, enter the following command: sudo apt-get install php-fpm.
How do I install the latest PHP version in Ubuntu?
- Step 1: Add the Ondřej Surý PPA Repository. ...
- Step 2: Install PHP 8.0 with Apache on Ubuntu. ...
- Step 2: Install PHP 8.0 with Nginx on Ubuntu. ...
- Step 4: Install PHP 8 Extensions in Ubuntu. ...
- Step 5: Verify PHP 8 Installation in Ubuntu.
How do I start PHP in Ubuntu?
I followed these steps and it worked for me.
- Execute sudo su on the terminal.
- Enter your password.
- Execute sudo subl /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default. ...
- Change DocumentRoot /var/www/html to /home/user/yoursubdir.
- Save the file and close it.
- Execute sudo subl /etc/apache2/apache2.
How do I install PHP as administrator in Ubuntu?
How to Install phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04
- Logged in as root or a user with sudo privileges. MariaDB/MySQL must be installed. ...
- apt update && upgrade. Step 2: Install PhpMyAdmin and PHP extensions for managing non-ASCII string and necessary tools.
- Step 3: Enable PHP extension.
- Note. ...
- systemctl restart apache2.
How do I know if PHP is installed on Ubuntu?
How to check the PHP version on Linux
- Open a bash shell terminal and use the command “php –version” or “php -v” to get the version of PHP installed on the system. ...
- You can also check for the package versions installed on the system to get the PHP version. ...
- Let's create a PHP file with content as shown below.
How do I start PHP in Linux?
Restart PHP by restarting your web-server
- Restart Apache for php service. If you are using Apache web server type the following command to restart the php: ...
- Restart Nginx for php service. If you are using Nginx web-server type the following command to restart nginx: ...
- Restart Lighttpd for php service.
How do I switch between PHP versions?
Switch from PHP 7.
Alternatively, you can run the following command to set which system wide version of PHP you want to use by default. Enter the selection number to set it as default version or simply press ENTER to keep the current choice. In case, you have installed other PHP extensions, set them as default as well.
How can I check my PHP version?
1. Type the following command, replacing [location] with the path to your PHP installation. 2. Typing php -v now shows the PHP version installed on your Windows system.
How do I run a PHP file?
If you installed a web server in your computer, usually the root of its web folder can be accessed by typing http://localhost in the web browser. So, if you placed a file called hello. php inside its web folder, you can run that file by calling http://localhost/hello.php.
Where do I put PHP files in Ubuntu?
On Ubuntu the folder is /var/www/html , NOT /var/www . You will need root access for that. So you save the file as /var/www/html/hello. php .
Does Ubuntu come with PHP?
PHP 7.4 is included by default in Ubuntu 20.04's repositories. ... The instructions are also similar for Ubuntu 16.04, but Ubuntu 16.04 will use whatever the default PHP version it's using.
How do I install PHP?
- Step 1: Download the PHP files. Get the latest PHP 8 x64 Thread Safe ZIP package from https://www.php.net/downloads.php.
- Step 2: Extract the files. ...
- Step 3: Configure php. ...
- Step 4: Add C:\php to the PATH environment variable. ...
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module. ...
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.